Thursday, January 24, 2013

Public Figures

I was listening to the radio on my way home tonight, actually listening, not just flipping channels for music to sing to, and it hit me: talk show hosts have the biggest egos ever! They seriously expect us to just sit back, listen to them, and accept their opinion. And we don't even know them. This isn't just talk show hosts, either.  This huge sense of entitlement extends to newscasters, television show hosts, writers, almost everyone in public. Politicians, for example. Can you imagine the audacity of these people to get up, and tell a nation that they are the best choice for everyone, that they know the best, the most trustworthy. I mean, the public is a very trusting entity. Why do we feel that public figures know best?
The best thing about this? I want to be one of them. So, everyone, Harrison for President 2016!

2 comments:

  1. can I be secretary of state or maybe secretary of defense? Yeah, that one. I also would enjoy having a constitutional right to one, free (hockey) check per yr on any random obnoxious person..... that'd reduce social tension overall.
    catherine bigger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Secretary of Defense. Our Armed Forces need someone smart at their head. But the random person has to be informed before you check them.

    ReplyDelete