Monday, January 7, 2013

BIG NEWS! I'm Famous, finally!

Well, maybe not just yet. But I wanted to let you all know that my name is getting out there.
You remember how I have depression? Well, way back when I was trying to figure out how to live, I started writing about what I was going through. And then, sometime later, this group asked for a line, a quote, something short to put in a pamphlet to raise awareness about depression. Well, I wanted to help, but couldn't think of anything short. So I sent some of my essays. And they loved it. And they asked if they could publish it as a blog post! So I gave them permission, and it's going to be published tomorrow (January 8th). Head on over to read it!
Party!!
I'll be posting Part 1 here, before I link to Part 2. And maybe, I'll be famous by the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for opening up this delicate and painful conversation. Some people find it very difficult to discuss depression...anxiety...mental illness, although so many people live it daily. It does not belong to a particular socio-economic group or to the female gender over the male...it knows no lines or boundaries. Talking about it is the only way to learn...to teach...to help. Keep up the open lines of communication. Your writing is exquisite...you are very talented in that area as well as many others. I'm always available to you in whatever capacity I can be most helpful to you. Please know how much I love and respect you and thank you for including me in the people that you have "let in" to your world. I am blessed and a better person having had this opportunity to know you in my lifetime...and my son is a lucky man to have you as his soul mate....his love...I love you !
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your support. I love writing, it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete