Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guilty Pleasures: Part One

So we all have guilty pleasures. I'm going to dish on some of mine, one by one. The first one is Romantic Comedies. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! I know that sounds pathetic. After all, they are all predictable. I can tell you exactly what happens in every one; the guy meets the girl. They date, fall in love. Something major happens (usually a secret that the guy should have revealed at the beginning, but he waits and she finds out by accident), and they split. Then a best friend (or group of them) work on the two. The guy's best friend sometimes goes to the girl and explains that it was all a misunderstanding. She forgives him, he forgives her, they get back together, and sometimes get engaged or married. Sometimes you see this as a "several months later" kind of deal. This is exactly what happens for 75% of romantic comedies. 20% of them are comedies about marriage, so they are slightly different. And 5% are totally unexpected, out-of-left field, brand new ideas.
My favorite romantic comedies are among the 20%. The ones about weddings. They are my weakness. Of course, there are some others. Like You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally. But my absolute favorite romantic comedies are The Wedding Planner, 27 Dresses, and Bride Wars. They are awesome. They are also the reason why I know so much about wedding planning. And they are the ones that will be played daily when I do have to start planning my own wedding, so I don't forget anything important. A wedding planner? No need.

No comments:

Post a Comment