Monday, February 18, 2013

Hangovers

What I remember from yesterday... wanting popcorn, eating, and Identity Thief.
So, it's Monday, and I feel like I have a hangover. I don't, I swear... I had less than two gulps of wine yesterday at Olive Garden. What really happened was that I got up at 7 pm Saturday night, worked 11 hours, then went home, got all gussied up, and went on a date with my boyfriend. It was all supposed to work out beautifully...
I'm going to have a relaxing day. Olive Garden? I've been looking forward to their three course dinner for weeks, if not months. I even know what I want. I've been counting calories, and I have enough not to care what I eat tomorrow. Unlimited soup and breadsticks, here I come! And Safe Haven, that can't be too bad. After all, Josh Duhamel is in it... We can eat, and then I will relax, and enjoy some well earned sweets. When we get home by 4 or 5, I can take a nap before watching The Good Wife and The Mentalist.
That's how it was supposed to work. I was going to be good. Then reality showed up.
I got home, but the Boyfriend wasn't ready. He had slept in (until 10, so he was refreshed and I was jealous), and he still needed to get a shower. After that, I got my hair done, but the first try didn't work out, so I had to curl my hair, cut my bangs, find some kind of jewelry and find something good to wear (this was our Valentine's Day, after all). When I came out, he still wasn't ready. So he got dressed, and we got on the road 2 hours later... 1 1/2 hours later than I wanted. (But don't tell him that). There was no way we were going to be able to eat before the movie started. Instead of Safe Haven, we got to see Identity Thief, which was much better, absolutely hysterical, and not Safe Haven (anything is better than another Nicolas Sparks movie). Lots of candy and a few hours later, we were on our way to Olive Garden. I quickly ordered a Diet Coke (no calories, but lots of caffeine), ate one bowl of soup and one breadstick, yawned my way through half my plate of ravioli, and went to sleep in the car while Matt picked up the desserts (to go), payed the bill, and came to drive to Menards. All thought of even attempting to go food shopping was out. We arrived home at 6:30 pm, and I took my hair down (the second highlight of the day), got dressed for bed, and went to bed. And I slept until 4:45 this morning, when I was so hungry I ate my leftovers from the day before.

I love Mondays.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Olive Garden! I've been craving their three course dinner too. I love their salads! Sounds like you had a nice Sunday despite the time crunches!
    Happy Monday and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great day... just didn't feel so chipper today, lol. And we did get two coupons for 5 dollars off 2 dinners, so we will be going back. And their leftovers are awesome!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to see Identity Thief but haven't heard if people liked it or not. I'll take your endorsement as a "yes, go see it".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start posting reviews of movies, so hopefully I'll get up the review within a week. Feel free to check it out!

      Delete