Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's All a Blur

Getting ready for the day. To some people, this actually means something pretty stable: get up at an ungodly hour in the morning, prepare the coffee, get a shower, eat breakfast with coffee while reading the news or checking the email, or both. Then, get dressed, and head off to work. Actually, this is routine for most people, with some minor changes, but the blueprint is pretty much the same.
This is how I imagine it.
Not for me. For me the day begins with pondering on what day it is; also what time I've been able to sleep to. The next order of business is to remember whether or not I have to actually leave the house, and if so, what time. If not, my "getting ready for the day" is over. I can sit in pajamas, eat when I want, and don't have to do anything else. If I choose to eat, then I cook or rummage. I don't have to take time from my busy TV schedule to shower, dress, even brush my hair! This is convenient.
Don't leave me. I want to intermittently cuddle with/ run away from you!
On the other hand, when I actually must leave the house, I know exactly what I have to do to get ready. I usually have to shower... if I procrastinate enough, I just sprinkle some baby powder and use a comb. And put on a lot of body spray. But I do make an effort not to procrastinate. I decide whether to apply makeup, and how much to use. Sometimes I decide to curl and straighten my hair. Usually at least my bangs, so that they don't contort into weird positions. Then, I try to find something clean to put on. If I have a big day coming up, I will do laundry, but otherwise, my clothes stay pretty clean, and I have quite a few pairs of pajamas. Then, I frantically look for my keys, wallet, phone, or D) All of the above. Finally, I leave, a few minutes after I had planned, but I did plan to leave a little early, so, right on time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment