Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dishes? Nah.

Everyone says that the time right after you graduate is one of the hardest of your life. But this is a total over-exaggeration, intended to scare students to "keep on going", possibly just a marketing ploy for colleges, computers, and ramen noodles. After all, the only ones who actually benefit from a long college career are the schools attended, the need for ever greater technology, and the need for cheap, easy-to-cook food. So, the huge conspiracy to drive students into ever greater debt, just for the elusive reward of a great job, and to avoid the dreaded "just graduated but don't have a job yet" phase. Or at least, hold that phase off for a little bit.
I get to annoy my cats in the name of Art!
Well, due to lack of funds and an unwillingness to drive myself into a huge amount of debt, I graduated with (shock) an A.A. degree. And no, I'm not an alcoholic (yet). For the academic world, it means Associate of Arts. For the real world, it means I should just apply to McDonald's and get over with it. But, I am determined to do better... probably from a misplaced sense of self-worth, or some of the delusions that I fool around with. Wow, I need a job... Anywho, let's pretend that didn't just happen. Moving forward.
And I can really understand this cartoon.
So today I have a job interview. Surprisingly enough, I've made it to the second interview. This has never happened to me before! So obviously, I'm trying hard to make a good impression. I've figured out what I'm wearing, I washed my hair, I've done all the things a responsible adult does daily. And I thought, wow, why don't I do this everyday? And then I thought, why do others do this every day? And then, well, maybe most of the recently-graduated, Associate-degreed, jobless young people actually do go through a pattern of favoring watching the latest TNT marathon of Bones over taking a shower or doing the dishes.
Also, time to extensively search the internet for stuff like this!
Well, this is way off topic. I wasn't going to write such a philosophical essay at first. Looks like you'll get another topic later! And don't forget, "If you think all detectives are the same, let Patrick Jane change your mind" (TNT commercial).

No comments:

Post a Comment